October 19th, 2016
11 Reasons to List YOUR Home in the “Off Season”
Has someone told you before that the only good time to list your house is in the Spring? Yeah… the problem with that is that all your neighbors got the same message. So when you put your sign in the yard on April 1st, you’ll have the competition of the entire neighborhood who made the same calculated decision!
Don’t get caught missing out on buyers because they simply have too many choices. List before the holidays and enter the season with patience. Know that the buyers who buy in the fall/winter months are motivated, and they have less to choose from! Win the competition for buyers by strategically listing NOW, during the “Off Season.”
11 Reasons to List Your Home in the “Off Season”
1. People who look for a home during the Holidays are more serious buyers!
2. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you!
3. Since the supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, there will be less demand for your particular home! Less demand means less money for you!
4. Houses show better when decorated for the Holidays!
5. Buyers are more emotional during the Holidays, so they are more likely to pay your price!
6. Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a working week!
7. Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons!
8. January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Since transferees cannot wait until Spring to buy, you must be on the market now to capture that market!
9. You can still be on the market, but you have the option to restrict showings during the six or seven days during the Holidays!
10. You can sell now for more money and we will provide for a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year!
11. By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low!
Still on the fence?? If you’ve got more questions or concerns, or you’re interested in getting more information about listing your home now, reach out to us today! We would LOVE to help you!
Call: 706-389-0907 or
Find out your home’s value now by calling us at 706-389-0907 or enter your information here